Eclectic Universe toolbar - easy install/uninstall!

toolbar powered by Conduit

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Truth Is Out There, but so is a lot of other nonsense!

The title of this post pretty much sums up my experience of life so far. I was having a discussion around a campfire with friends one night and I happened to comment that one of the purposes I'd chosen for my life was to seek out the truth of life and existence. And wouldn't you know, somebody asked me "Well, what truth have you found?" I replied with "Oh, I've found very little, . . . but I HAVE found a whole lot of things that are NOT True!"



In the coming days, I hope to share some of the truth that I think I have right now - of course that is subject to change, as is only natural, as the progress of science continues to add more or better or different understandings of it's inquiries. At least science is self correcting, which is more than can be said for religions generally. The general course of science throughout history brings more knowledge and more accurate knowledge to the table constantly.

But as science and reason progress, it seems that misinformation and irrational thinking propagate more widely in seriously alarming ways. So I will also be blogging about those things that I have found to be false - Not true. And perhaps that alone will be fodder enough for a lifetime of efforts.

But all told, I can't help but be upbeat about it all because the universe in all it's wonder is a most impressive place. So if I rant on about what is not true, it is only to bring us back to the reality of things - the truth of things. And truth really can be stranger than fiction and is often very much so. I've always said that if more folks knew what the greatest minds on the planet are thinking about the nature of reality and our place in the universe, they would be absolutely blown away.

And so, then, here's to the arts of blowing away the fictions we are all to often beset with, and blowing you away with the truth of things as only science and logical, rational thinking can do it!

No comments: